Cooking time: probably about 20-30 minutes.
4 x boneless skinned chicken breasts
2 tins of tomato and basil soup
400g bag of fresh spinnach
4 x large carrots, peeled & cut into battons
200g fine green beans, ends trimmed off
1nr chilli pepper, deseeded & finely chopped
1 x knob of butter
400g new potatoes, halved / bitesized
- Pour the chicken soup into a large base pan & bring it to the boil
- Add the chicken, ensuring it is covered by the soup (add water if not)
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile bring two saucepans of water to the boil
- Add the potatoes to one & the carrots & beans to the other.
- Allow both pans to simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes but place the spinnach in with the carrots & beans for two minutes to wilt
- Quick fry the chilli with the knob of butter then drizzle over the potatoes.
- Pour over the potatoes the grated rind and juice of the lime.
- Drain the carrots, beans & spinnach, ensuring all of the water is pressed out of the spinnach.
- Serve, saving some of the soup as a sauce over the chicken.